Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa
- Acerca de
- Ofertas de Trabajo
The Institute for Theoretical Physics (IFT) UAM-CSIC in Madrid is offering PhD positions for talented Early Stage Researchers within the framework of the La Caixa International PhD program, in the fields of Particle Physics, Astroparticles and Cosmology.
These are 3 year PhD positions, cofunded by the EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie program, at the top scientific research centers in Spain, awarded the Severo Ochoa excellence. Candidates must have completed their Master by October 2017, to start the PhD studies. The international character of the program requires candidates to have spent no more than 12 months in Spain in the 3 years just before the starting date.
On top of a competitive salary, the position offers a dedicated budget for short scientific visits to other research centers. In addition the IFT offers additional funds to attend schools or international workshops related to the PhD research topics.
The IFT is offering 7 projects within this Call:
- Large Scale Structure and Gravitational Waves from Primordial Black Holes (Contact: Prof. Juan García-Bellido)
- The particle nature of dark matter (Contact: Prof. Carlos Muñoz)
- Physics beyond the Standard Model on the Earth and the Sky (Contact: Prof.Alberto Casas)
- Flavour and Higgs in Beyond the Standard Model (Contact: Prof. Belén Gavela)
- Non-perturbative QCD: facing the challenges of the LHC era (Contact: Prof. Margarita García-Pérez)
- String theory, particle physics and cosmology (Contact: Prof. Luis Ibáñez)
- Numerical Simulation of Relativistic Hydrodynamics with Chiral Anomalies (Contact: Prof.Karl Landsteiner)
Deadline for application: February 2nd 2017
More information: Information link (enlace a)